AMEC’s Environment & Infrastructure division is recruiting for a Senior Environmental Engineer / Geoscientist who is a motivated team player to support our Mississauga, ON office.
The position of Senior Environmental Engineer supports the Company on environmental site assessment and remediation projects on a wide variety of public sector (i.e. Federal, Provincial and Municipal government) lands, industrial and manufacturing facilities, and commercial operations such as retail gasoline service and dispensing station. Specifically experience in conducting and managing works related to Public Works Government Services Canada, Ontario Ministry of Transportation and/or integrated major oil company projects is required.
Key responsibilities include, but may not be limited to, the following:
1. Conducting and managing contaminated site investigations and remediation projects including Phase I/II/III Environmental site assessments, remedial feasibility options reviews, detailed remedial design, and remedial supervision in accordance with the budgets, resources and objectives of specific projects and programs;
2. Applying technical knowledge and methods to formulate solutions and approaches to complex problems in the area of site assessment, in-situ and ex-situ remediation;
3. Prepare contract tender documents for assessment and remediation projects for sub-contractors. Oversee, manage and direct sub-contractors;
4. Identify, develop, secure and maintain client business opportunities through written proposals and personal marketing activities;
5. Management, training and development of junior personnel within the organization;
6. Ultimately ensure geological/environmental studies are conducted safely, in strict compliance with Company proprietary safety standards, government regulations and environmental concerns.
· University graduate with a directly related degree in environmental engineering, geoscience or environmental science.
· Minimum seven years industry experience in contaminated site investigation and remediation projects
· Additional experience in contaminant hydrogeology, waste management, auditing, environmental due diligence, or risk assessment would be an asset.
· Current registration or eligibility for registration as a P.Eng. or P.Geo.
· Demonstrated knowledge and experience in Federal and Provincial contaminated sites legislation, regulations and processes.
· Demonstrated supervisory experience and hands-on training of junior personnel.
· Strong written and oral communication (English) skills
· Must be well organized, have the ability to manage and prioritize several assignments at one time, deliver on time and on budget.
· Desire to provide excellent practical client service and a commitment to technical excellence.
· Valid Driver’s License.
© 2011 AMEC