DIRECTOR, LNG Projects
Hatch’s LNG business goal is to be a preferred partner who can wrap services and infrastructure around major LNG projects. Hatch wishes to expand on this expertise and be a partner of choice for the major technology vendors. Our wealth of engineering, project delivery and procurement experience and our global footprint is highly differentiating in the growing LNG market.
We are looking for someone who can lead this growth business for Hatch as part of our Oil and Gas portfolio, which is in turn part of our broader Energy business. The successful candidate will likely come from the consulting side of the LNG industry, having worked on at least one major LNG project. This person will combine strong operations and project skills with equally strong client relationship management and business development skills. Our ideal candidate will also know who the major players are and have strong relationships within the LNG industry.
Our ideal candidate will be a technical engineer that has worked on LNG projects as a design or project engineer. You will have worked your way up to a project management role where you will have played a hand in turning bids into projects. You are a manager/doer that can execute on projects and have the ability to do business development within your network. This is an excellent opportunity for an up and comer that is looking for the next challenge in their career.
- Engineering Degree and technical background
- 15-20 years of progressive working experience, greater responsibility and job challenge, with room for lots more responsibility and growth
- Strong technical background in LNG midstream and/or downstream
- Experience in project management, engineering design, new concept or innovation
- Experience in proposal writing and commercial agreement negotiations
- Experience in global LNG markets would be an asset
- Demonstrate passion and experience in building a business
- Demonstrated leadership and client engagement experience will be an asset
- Experience working in joint ventures will be an asset
- Ability to travel between Canada and USA
Although this position will be based in Houston, we will be attracting new business around the world and the therefore be required to travel frequently.
Hatch is all about challenge. We challenge our clients with innovative ideas that help them take their business to higher levels. We challenge ourselves by taking on projects that many of our competitors would shy away from. And we challenge our employees to take on responsibilities and take initiative regardless of position title or job description.
Come work with brilliant people and work on really interesting challenges. Hatch knows that great people like to manage their own careers and we will not hold you back. If Hatch looks interesting to you and you want to learn more about the opportunity please reach out to Dusty Llewellyn email@example.com and we can start a conversation or apply directly.