Ubisoft is looking for candidates to fill the Infrastructure Support Analyst position within our Global Network Services (GNS) team. We are looking for people who have demonstrated outstanding customer service skills and have a good understanding of Web 2.0, social networking and online games.
The Infrastructure Support Analyst offers second level support for Ubisoft’s online games and services. He is responsible for tracking incidents and requests, troubleshooting and resolving level 2 issues, as well as escalating to level 3 when required. He is also responsible for proactively communicating with internal partners when incidents occur. In addition, the Online support analyst monitors servers, services and the network infrastructure and takes the necessary actions to resolve issues.
Your typical day/evening/night will consist of the following:
- Receiving and responding to requests from various Ubisoft teams (game development, IT, Digital Marketing) about their Online infrastructure.
- Monitoring all of Ubisoft’s Online infrastructure, servers and services, and ensuring that alerts are resolved quickly by coordinating with the proper operations team.
- Sending out email communications to partners when incidents occur, making sure that our player support teams are aware of the impact on their games and players.
- Owning incidents and requests and keeping partners in the loop until their issues are resolved.
- Troubleshooting and fixing certain level 2 issues and escalating others to operations teams around the world.
- Exceling at customer service and taking the extra initiative to ensure that our partner teams and online games are successful.
- Continuously learning new technologies that you will need to support.
We are looking to hire someone with these qualities:
- Understanding and demonstrating outstanding customer service
- Bilingualism (French-English)
- Taking initiatives, being proactive and unafraid to ask questions.
- Schedule flexibility as this job implies occasionally (i.e. evenings and graveyard shift).
- Motivation to work in challenging and sometimes stressful environments.
- Three years’ experience working in a customer-facing IT environment.
- Some knowledge of IT systems from an infrastructure point of view, such as:
o Microsoft Technologies: Windows Server, IIS, MSSQL
o Linux Operating System
o Internet technologies: Concepts such as DNS, routing protocols, TCP and UDP and higher level protocols such as HTTP, FTP