| || About this Opportunity:|
Our Graphic Layout Artists are the creators behind the many flyers seen by consumers across the country. A GLA will utilize their talent to generate, format and assemble electronic layouts for print and digital media. With a strong foundation in computer graphics and working knowledge of programs such as Adobe InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop, a GLA will have the opportunity to produce flyers, catalogues and signage that help Canadian retailers reach their target consumers.
This position is responsible for overseeing electronic layout of print media that includes determining the elements required for the page layout. The incumbent will determine the text, artwork, colours and file types and formats to produce the flyer and/or catalogue that are aligned with the customer’s requirements and Company standards.
What you will do:
- You will generate an electronic layout by assembling the digital elements of the document;
- You will generate required graphic elements such as artwork;
- You will produce templates for page layouts in collaboration with the design team;
- You will ensure the project is created to specification and produce proofs for approval;
- You will format all files to print standards;
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
What you need to win:
- Post-secondary diploma or degree (or work experience equivalent) in computer graphics or print production;
- Minimum three years’ experience as a Graphic Layout Artist;
- Strong knowledge of InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop (CS6 – CC2017)
- Knowledge of the EasyCatalog plugin will be beneficial
- Working knowledge of the Prinergy workflow
- Solid understanding of the Mac Operating System (OSX);
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Retail Graphic Layout experience an asset;
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to perform under pressure and demonstrated leadership skills, work well within a team environment;
- Be results - and detail-oriented.
We are Canada’s leading provider of marketing activation solutions. Creating marketing products and services that allow businesses and consumers to attract reach and retain their target consumer through integrated multi-platform offerings. This includes print and digital media, the production of magazines, newspapers, books and custom content, mass and personalized marketing, interactive and mobile applications and door-to-door distribution. With over 8,000 employees in Canada and the United States, TC Transcontinental is the largest printer in Canada and third largest in North America.
We value innovation, teamwork, respect and performance. We create a workplace that offers exciting challenges, promotes collaboration, trust and creativity. We develop people’s potential and ensure their professional growth by working in partnership with them. We empower our people and reward performance by delivering results and embracing our values.