| || Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading global law firms with almost 4000 lawyers and staff in 30 offices is seeking a Diversity & Inclusion Manager reporting to the Director of Diversity & Inclusion. This position will reside in the Washington, DC office and will serve as a key member of the firm-wide diversity team, working across all levels of the firm to ensure that diversity remains a priority and is closely linked to the firm’s overall business strategy. The Manager also serves as the primary advisor to the Director of Diversity & Inclusion and provides advice and counsel to senior management on diversity-related issues, particularly as they pertain to policy. The Manager will be responsible for administering all aspects of the firm’s diversity efforts and will interface with key constituents, internally and externally, to ensure the success of all such efforts.
• Collaborate with attorney hiring committee on developing and implementing strategies to attract a diverse group of lawyers and law students.
• Identify organizations to partner with to bolster the firm’s profile with law students and practicing lawyers to bolster Morgan Lewis’s position as a destination employer.
• Collaborate with D&I Director and Talent Acquisition team to attract diverse administrative professionals – to include people w/ disabilities, veterans and the traditional diversity designations (e.g., race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, etc.).
• Manage existing networks to create a forum to facilitate connections between lawyers across the firm.
• Leverage firm technology to create the most effective way to get information to the networks and to facilitate interaction between the networks.
• Work with D&I Director to develop strategy to create firm-wide networks for administrative professionals and attorneys.
• Work with D&I Director to promote the effective administration of D&I Committee strategy, goals and objectives.
• Work with D&I Director to develop, manage and expand client diversity partnerships with clients.
• Manage all aspects of any programs that may occur as the result of our diversity partnerships.
• Represent the D&I Director at client meetings as necessary.
• Engage with the partners to develop strategies on how to get the most out of existing client diversity partnerships.
• Work w/ D&I Director and practice group leaders on making the sure that the work assignment and mentoring processes advance the firm’s stated goal of creating a more diverse and inclusive environment.
• Develop and maintain metrics that track attrition by office, practice group, administrative department, and seniority.
• Use metrics to identify potential trends and how best to improve them or replicate them in other practice groups, departments, etc.
• Partner with D&I Director, Marketing, and Human Resources to develop D&I marketing strategy/campaign, to include focusing on internal and external audiences.
• As part of the marketing campaign, identify how best to showcase the talents of individual lawyers and administrative professionals both internally and externally.
• Work with D&I Director, Talent Acquisition team, Marketing, and HR Communications on developing marketing campaign highlighting Morgan Lewis as a destination employer.
• Collaborate with D&I Director and the HR Talent Management and Associate Talent teams to create D&I curriculum for the entire firm.
• Leads by example; establishes clear expectations; sets direction and priorities; ensures that work levels are balanced among all staff; resolves internal staff issues in a timely manner; keeps staff informed of all appropriate information; builds effective team; delegates at appropriate level.
• Facilitates the development of staff by providing opportunities and support; provides timely feedback on work product; regularly coaches, evaluates, and recognizes staff performance and accomplishments.
• Establishes/adheres to Department budget; seeks opportunities to improve Department efficiency and reduce expenses by streamlining operations.
• Other duties as assigned.
This job requires:
• Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; A J.D. or a graduate degree in Organizational Development strongly preferred but not required; and
• Minimum of 5 years related experience, two of which were in a leadership role; or
• Equivalent combination of education and experience.
OTHER QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following knowledge skills and abilities:
• Technical skills required of the position
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong customer service orientation
• Ability to get work done through others
• People management skills
• Able to interact with all levels of personnel throughout the organization
• Leadership skills
• Strategic thinker
• Self-starter; ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Project management skills
• Planning/organizational skills
• Problem solving skills
• Ability to adapt to change and balance competing demands
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business and professional publications, prepare business correspondence, proposals and reports, effectively present information to groups of employees, and respond to questions from employees, managers, clients and vendors.
• Basic arithmetic skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide all units of measure).
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions.