| || Purpose of the position: |
This position is an integral part of the English Services department. The incumbent is responsible for the copyediting and proofreading of high-quality retail flyers, signage, catalogues and specialty programs.
- Provide copywriting, copy-editing and proofreading services, as required, for TC Media accounts
- Review flyers and catalogues to ensure that copy reflects proper grammar, syntax and spelling plus adherence to established format guidelines, brand style guides and creative strategy
- Proofread pages for spelling, punctuation, format, style and pricing, as well as copy effectiveness, accuracy, clarity and consistency
- Mark up proofs using standardized proofreading symbols to clearly identify and correct grammatical or typographical errors
- Populate databases with copy and pricing
- Coordinate English copywriting and proofreading process with other internal processes to maximize overall efficiency of workflow
- Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
- Proficient in Canadian English language
- Degree or diploma in English, journalism, publishing or a related field
- Three to five years’ experience as a copyeditor/proofreader
- Solid understanding of marketing and advertising principles
- Superior attention to detail
- Demonstrated problem-solving and analytical capabilities
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Adobe InDesign and assorted other software
- Ability to work on multiple projects within tight deadlines
- Ability to work well within the functional team and with other team members
- Results oriented
- Flexible and adaptable to ever-changing client standards
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Your application will be treated with confidentiality and within equal opportunity principles.