| || 6399BR |
| || Director of Finance |
| || Corporate |
| || Office Management/Administration |
| || Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 3,500 employees in 130 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace. |
| || The corporate office in Olathe, KS is looking for a Director of Finance. This will be a highly experienced senior manager of the finance team responsible for the company’s financial reporting, tax, budgeting and treasury activities.|
Essential Role and Responsibilities
- Lead, direct, evaluate and develop financial staff to ensure the organization’s accounting activities are conducted accurately, ethically, consistently and according to relevant regulations, laws, and standards.
- Coordinate, analyze and report the financial performance of the company to Management and Board of Directors
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with GAAP
- Prepare short and long-term forecasts of financial performance for use with internal management and external parties
- Manage the company’s cash position and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with policy
- Manage the accounting for capital assets and ensure that assets are properly recorded, amortized, and disposed of as appropriate
- Oversee company’s financial and retirement plan audits and tax functions. Primary liaison with company’s external auditors and provide support to the audit committee of the Board of Directors.
- Oversee company’s treasury and cash management activities, including negotiating with bank syndicate for lines for credit or other financial services as required and appropriate
- Oversee the company’s stock and stock option administration system, the 401k/ESOP retirement plan, and the non-qualified supplemental retirement plan.
- Provide support for the company’s M&A program including the valuation of target companies, performance of due diligence, and integration of financial systems.
- Oversee the documentation, assessment, enhancement, and implementation of the company’s internal controls over financial reporting. Support the development of an enterprise risk assessment and mitigation/remediation plans as requested.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field with a minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience.
- MBA or CPA required.
- Public company experience and M&A experience preferred, but not required
- Strong technical knowledge and well versed in US GAAP
- Exposure to consolidations, currency translations and international accounting and reporting issues
- Experience with large ERP system required, Oracle preferred
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
| || Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.|
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
| || 1 |
| || Regular, Full Time |
| || Bachelor's Degree |
| || 10 Years or more |
| || Olathe, KS |