Job 1 of 1
Apply to job   Save to cart
Position Title Operating Engineer Auto Req ID 2051BR Job Description Position description
Currently, we are seeking an Operating Engineer to join our engineering operations team in Durham, NC
• The Operating Engineer will be responsible for the installation, repair, and maintenance of mechanical, electrical and plumbing equipment, machinery and related controls and components at our client's facility.
• Control the daily operation of all mechanical equipment in the physical plant and buildings
• Perform maintenance and repairs to the Mechanical, Plumbing, Structural, Furniture, Fire, Life Safety, and Control systems for the facility to keep these systems up to applicable standards
• Monitor Maintains responsibility for tenant services, preventative maintenance, purchasing and inventory control, contracted maintenance, general maintenance and technical proficiency
• Monitoring operation and maintaining refrigeration, water cooling and air conditioning equipment, boilers, heating, ventilating and hot water equipment, pumps, valves, piping and filters, other mechanical and electrical equipment
• Performs and/or completes all tenant service requests accurately and expediently.
• Formulates and implements the preventative maintenance program for the building.
• Performs preventative maintenance tasks in a timely manner.
• Monitors the quality and pricing of maintenance work performed by outside contractors.
• Be able to evaluate building systems to monitor and to improve performance to operate efficiently.
• Complies with all policies and procedures established for the building.
• Ability to work long hours occasionally and some weekends
• Periodically acts as the on-call engineer for the portfolio of office buildings.
• Actively participates in emergency response procedures, technical and safety training programs.
• Perform all work using the proper safety equipment and in a safe manner
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
• Knowledge of maintenance and operation of building automation, water treatment and fire life safety systems
• Good interpersonal and a positive team attitude
• Familiarity with computers and operations and office automation applications, including Microsoft Office
• Strong customer service orientation
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk long distances to cover property portfolio.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
• High school diploma or GED
• Technical school training is desired
• 5 years minimum experience in electrical trade, HVAC trade and General Maintenance Craft
• Experience should include backup systems (ATS, Generator and UPS)
• Universal CFC certification Full/Part Time Full-Time Regular/Temporary Regular Org Marketing Statement The Company
Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE:JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. With annual revenue of $3.9 billion, Jones Lang LaSalle operates in 70 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services to a property portfolio of 2.6 billion square feet and completed $63 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2012. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $46.3 billion of real estate assets under management.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
• The only real estate services and money management firm listed on Forbes magazine’s “Platinum 400 Best Big Companies” list for three consecutive years
• One of the “100 Best Corporate Citizens” in the United States named by CRO magazine
• A “best company to work for’ in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
• World’s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for six consecutive years
• America’s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com. EEO Statement Jones Lang LaSalle is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Jones Lang LaSalle is an equal opportunity employer and committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. Jones Lang LaSalle strongly believes in equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, training, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
Apply to job   Save to cart