JOB OVERVIEWProcess all soiled hotel bed linens, terry and food and beverage table linens by operating all laundry/dry cleaning machinery in accordance to hotel's standards. Clean, press and finish staff and guest garments, as well as designated guest requests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures/standards. respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
· Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
· Anticipate guests’ needs,
· Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
· Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
· Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
· Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
· Use cleaning chemicals according to OSHA regulations and hotel requirements.
· Adhere to all Health Department, sanitation and safety regulations.
· Set up and organize work station with designated supplies and equipment; replenish as needed throughout the shift.
· Monitor usage of chemicals and water to maximize consumption.
· Separate soiled bed linen/terry/food and beverage table linens; bundle and document amounts of each bundle.
· Sort all stained/damaged items and determine status for rewash or discard; maintain continuous inventory of discard items.
· Remove all debris on floors after each sorting.
· Weigh each bundle of soiled items; place designated weights in the laundry machines.
· Operate all laundry machines and add designated chemicals in accordance with specified amounts, times and temperatures for the particular articles to be washed.
· Remove washed articles from the washing machine when the cycle is complete. Inspect cleanliness and place in clean linen carts.
· Transport cart of washed linen to dryers and place in dryers according to load size. Set dryers to designated times and temperatures for the particular articles to be dried.
· Remove articles from dryer when cycle is complete and place in clean linen cart. Transport cart to proper work area for finishing.
· Operate the ironing and folder machines. Check the cleanliness and condition of articles while processing through the machines; separate damaged/stained articles.
· Fold cleaned articles and stack into designated amounts by type and size. Place stacks in specified areas for distribution.
· Issue clean table linens and service towels/rags to Food and Beverage personnel.
· Document and process guest requests for laundry, dry cleaning and pressing of garments, hotel uniforms and designated management garments.
· Operate dry cleaning equipment and use specified chemicals. Process and finish garments according to garment labels.
· Separate stained/damaged hotel uniforms and determine status for repair, re-cleaning or discard; maintain continuous inventory of discard uniforms.
· Place finished dry cleaning garments in designated areas for distribution.
· Maintain accurate poundage records of dry cleaning and laundry.
· Report faulty equipment, damaged garments/linens, shortages, maintenance needs, safety hazards and problems to supervisor.
· Remove lint and debris from dryer filters and change filters.
· Transport trash containers to dumpster; empty and clean accordingly. Adhere to recycling procedures.
· Breakdown and clean work areas/equipment.
· Use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean laundry room floor.
· Restock work areas for next shift as assigned.
· Other duties as assigned.