| || 09-Sep-2017 |
| || Library - Technical Services Administration |
| || 45845BR |
| || Director of Monographic Processing Services |
| || Director of Monographic Processing Services |
| || None - Not included in the union (Yale Union Group) |
| || Full time |
| || Regular |
| || Library |
| || Librarian (00) |
| || University Library System |
| || 344 Winchester Avenue
New Haven, CT 06511 |
| || Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day) |
| || 37.5 |
| || Reporting to the Associate University Librarian for Technical Services, and as a member of the core leadership team of Yale University Library (YUL) Technical Services, the Director of Monographic Processing Services provides leadership and operations management for the full spectrum of the technical services processing performed in YUL Technical Services for YUL monographic library resources in all formats. The Director works synergistically with the Director of Electronic Resources and Serials Management and the Director of Resource Discovery Services to advance the transformational realignment of YUL Technical Services with Library and University goals that began in the departmental reorganization that launched this year (https://yale.box.com/s/56lxdr0rmzai3ujam0vxiio6zglnht7w). |
| || Strategic Direction and Oversight|
- Provides strategic direction, vision and leadership for the Monographic Processing Services Department and for monographic processing policies across YUL. Operationalizes YUL strategic priorities and goals within the department specifically and YUL Technical Services generally.
- Leads all operational aspects of the Monographic Processing Services Department, including acquisitions and cataloging, as well as budget administration, human resources and assessment. Creates and implements strategies that assure services are delivered in an accurate and effective manner in accordance with relevant best practices. Achieves high levels of user satisfaction by demonstrating quality and quantity effectiveness relative to benchmarks.
- Works to transform the department into a leading example of service delivery in close partnership with the Director of Electronic Resources and Serials Management and the Director of Resource Discovery Services in YUL Technical Services and in collaboration with other YUL departments.
Service and Operational Excellence
- Develops, implements and communicates departmental and individual performance goals to measure and monitor user service and to ensure that YUL users receive optimal services that meet their collection and resource discovery needs.
- Engages with stakeholders to understand their perspectives on the services and value being delivered.
- Directs stakeholder service strategies to optimize resources and redesign work processes while providing the best possible service.
- Develops sourcing strategies for monographic processing functions.
- Leads the ongoing evolution, refinement, and strengthening of the department to support YUL’s mission and strategic goals. Directs major change initiatives in response to evolving user demands and technological and technical services innovation.
- Collaborates with leaders from other YUL and campus units to create and refine the framework for the delivery of monographic processing services.
- Stays abreast of leading practices and operationalizes related service improvement initiatives.
- Manages relationships among people, processes and technology to ensure successful change implementation.
Talent and Organizational Development
- Creates a compelling vision for the department, demonstrates flexibility in approach and motivates others to achieve desired results.
- Manages, selects, develops and trains a high performing workforce and fosters an environment that values diversity and individuality. Promotes a culture of continuous learning and personal development to build a high performing organization and to attract top talent.
- Creates a positive work environment that fosters team and individual performance while enhancing accountability.
| || |
- Master's degree from an American Library Association accredited library school. In selected cases a graduate degree in a related subject field may be substituted.
- Professional experience as a librarian in an academic or research library or similar institution.
- Demonstrated strong functional leadership experience, technical services knowledge and the ability to use that knowledge to build a responsive, innovative technical services program and related services.
- Demonstrated experience in creating a compelling service vision to meet known or anticipated needs, exhibiting flexibility and scalability in approach and motivating others to achieve desired results. Demonstrated experience in designing and coordinating transformational initiatives and bringing them to timely and successful implementation. Demonstrated experience in attracting, retaining, motivating and managing exceptional talent in an evolving work environment.
| || Master’s degree from an American Library Association accredited library school or a graduate degree in a related subject and a minimum of 5 years of professional experience as a librarian in an academic or research library or similar institution. |
| || Demonstrated ability to provide leadership and direction to others in an academic or research library or similar institution to drive results and deliver operational excellence. |
| || Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing. Listens to others and effectively comprehends information. Outstanding interpersonal skills and demonstrated success in building and maintaining effective relationships, both internally and externally. |
| || High degree of integrity, tact and ability to influence others while remaining diplomatic. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and independently with various groups within a complex organization and rapidly changing team environment. |
| || Minimum of 8 years' experience in administrative leadership in an academic or research library or similar institution. Experience in managing acquisitions and cataloging operations in such an institution. Experience in the creative integration of automated and manual technical services processes. Knowledge of and experience with funds management. Experience managing a unionized workforce. |
| || No |
| || No |
| || All candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle, DOT certification, drug testing and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent upon the successful completion of the background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process. |
| || The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments. |
| || Yale University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does Yale discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 protects people from sex discrimination in educational programs and activities at institutions that receive federal financial assistance. Questions regarding Title IX may be referred to the University’s Title IX Coordinator, at TitleIX@yale.edu, or to the U.S. Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, 8th Floor, Five Post Office Square, Boston MA 02109-3921. Telephone: 617.289.0111, Fax: 617.289.0150, TDD: 800.877.8339, or Email: email@example.com. |
| || Yale University is a tobacco-free campus |