| || Aeroacoustics Engineer |
| || The Aerodynamics and Aeroacoustics Planning team (DJ2) is a key function within the Vehicle Performance Planning department. The main purpose of this team is to establish objective targets based on the performance requirements of key attributes, generate roadmaps in order to deliver the targets, cascade detailed requirements to engineering design groups, then to manage and validate delivery of these targets using CFD and physical wind tunnel and track testing.|
The primary role of an Aeroacoustics Engineer is to manage these activities on all vehicle programs for which they have ownership.
| || |
- To manage Aeroacoustics development on a range of vehicles, ensuring that targets are achieved in line with development schedules.
- To generate presentations, technical reports, progress meeting materials and to prepare key reporting documentation such as performance planning drawings.
- To plan and perform physical tests at wind tunnel facilities in Europe and on track in UK.
- To plan and post process CFD simulations, analyse data and to report recommendations based on the findings.
- To support styling feedback loops on new projects with design and engineering functions.
- To conduct/support benchmarking activities of competitor vehicles.
- To liaise with cross-functional R&D groups within both Design and Test organisations based in UK, Spain and Japan.
- Create/co-author technical papers to be presented at international conferences and seminars.
| || Research & Development |
| || Permanent |
| || United Kingdom - Cranfield, Bedfordshire |
| || (NTCE) Nissan Motor Manufacturing (UK) Ltd - Nissan Technical Center Europe - Cranfield, Bedfordshire, UK |
| || Full Time |
| || The candidate should have previous experience of working within an Automotive Aeroacoustics role and have a good appreciation of Vehicle Aeroacoustics and its impact on all vehicle performance.|
The candidate should be able to demonstrate the following:
- Be proactive and show initiative and resourcefulness to be able to operate with limited direction from the line manager.
- Good communication skills in order to successfully present to key persons at development milestone meetings and to help influence stakeholders during the performance planning process.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to network across a wide number of departments in various locations throughout Europe and Japan.
- Good project management skills, especially in relation to work planning and time management.
- Good problem solving and data analysis skills, including experience of using tools such as KT, FTA, FMEA, etc.
| || Bachelors Degree |
| || |
- Applicants should ideally have automotive Aeroacoustics test and development experience.
- Applicants should have experience in planning and conducting wind tunnel tests.
- Applicants should have experience working in close relationship with Styling (Design) teams to ensure compatible delivery of Wind Noise and Styling targets.
- Applicants should have an appreciation for aerodynamics development working closely within a team of Aerodynamics development engineers.
- Applicants ideally have a good appreciation of computational fluid dynamics methods.
| || English |
| || Fluent |
| || 01-Sep-2017 |
| || A first or second class honours degree in related subject, and a minimum of 3 years relevant working experience. |