Ubisoft is a world leader in the entertainment industry, with a variety of hit brands including Assassin’s Creed, Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell, and Far Cry. To build on its achievements and share its future successes, Ubisoft is looking for great talent to join its new Toronto development studio. The studio is located in West Toronto in the unique and growing trendy area known as “The Junction”.
We favor diversity, creativity and the desire to succeed as a team. If you’ve got the skills and drive, you’ll have the opportunity to help build the best video game studio in Toronto. The opportunities to learn and progress are endless. There’s a real buzz about the place; if you’re looking for a stimulating and cool work environment that fosters a balance between personal and professional lives, you’ll find it here at Ubisoft Toronto.
The incumbent will design, implement, and ensure the proper functioning of the tools that will develop the potential of the engine and help improve the efficiency of the production team.
Type of Position: Permanent
The main and routine tasks of the Tools Programmer are to:
· Compile and understand IT development needs and assess their feasibility so as to best serve the production team;
· Analyse existing functions in the engine and see how they could be enhanced to fulfill the intentions of the project;
· Suggest improvements by designing and implementing new systems;
· Collaborate with TDs to enhance the production pipeline;
· Support the production functions and systems: production workflows in the editor, third-party application plug-ins (3DSMax, Maya, source control, etc,), and productivity tools (compilation, buildprocess, etc.);
· Determine and correct the tools bugs identified by people from other crafts and the tools testers (and eventually the quality control team);
· Document the work so as to transfer knowledge and enable users (from other crafts) to understand how to use the new systems and functions;
· Carry out all other related tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or computer engineering or equivalent.
Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in software programming, ideally in the video game industry or equivalent.
· Focus on producing quality work;
· Ability to understand user needs and take them into account when programming;
· Sense of initiative;
· Problem-solving abilities;
· Attention to detail;
· Analytical ability and capacity for synthesizing;
· Flexibility in work organization;
· Good interpersonal and communication skills;
· Ability to work as part of a team;
· Ability to adapt to change;
Ubisoft Toronto is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.