|Job 1 of 1|
| || Human Resources Generalist |
| || 857BR |
| || Human Resources/Training/Communications/Safety |
| || Roswell, NM |
| || |
Leprino Foods Company, a global leader in the dairy food and ingredient industry, is seeking a Human Resources Generalist to join our team located in Roswell, NM.
Leprino Foods is the world’s largest supplier of mozzarella cheese and one of the largest suppliers of premium dairy nutrition ingredients. Our customers and business partners span the globe and include many of the world’s largest food companies, restaurant chains and distributors.
As the HR Generalist, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources function and the administration of Human Resources policies, procedures and programs. The HR Generalist provides advice, assistance and follow-up on company policies and procedures and coordinates the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural issues and inquiries.
If you have experience as an HR Generalist, this may be the opportunity you have been seeking.
We offer a comprehensive total compensation package which includes; salary, benefits, bonus program, and profit sharing.
- Position responsibilities are in the following functional areas: employee relations; HR policy administration; training and development; recruiting, staffing, and retention; Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS); and employee benefits.
- The HR Generalist has a direct working relationship with the plant management and supervisory team with occasional contact with corporate human resources staff, regulatory agencies and training sources. The HR Generalist may serve as the back-up for the Plant HR Manager in his/her absence.
- Manage the daily transactions of the Human Resources Office including providing direction and leadership to HR Administrative Assistant and HR hourly Generalist; managing plant and department contracts and budgets; maintaining the HRIS employee related data bases; and championing the implementation of SAP into the HR function.
- Recommends, implements, and supports employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale. Counsels and acts as a business partner with managers, supervisors, and employees on employment issues.
- Coordinates on-boarding for all Exempt and non-Exempt employees in relation to mandatory new hire paperwork, Policy overview, job skill requirements and provides support to the Technical training group in facilitating a high-quality, effective training program including e-Learning, Knowledge Factor, and hands on demonstration.
- Coordinates recruiting efforts with business partners to ensure proper non-exempt and exempt staffing levels within the plant, including development of employment advertisements and/or working with staffing agencies, recruiters, and Corporate Talent Acquisition group as needed; conducts orientation process for new employees and facilitates probationary performance review process for new non-exempt employees.
- Ensures facility compliance with all existing state and federal government employment laws and executes company Human Resources policies and strategies at the plant level. Provides advice, assistance, and follow-up on policies, procedures, and documentation.
- Serves as the site subject matter expert on the company benefits program and conducts benefits orientations and trainings as needed. Oversees leave of absence program, including FMLA, and ensures proper coordination of disability insurance program.
- Recommends, implements, and supports employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Helps drive employee engagement and Leprino Quality initiatives and processes.
- Coordinates employee relations activities, such as, recognition celebrations, incentive plan meetings, performance awards, picnics, and parties.
- Advises managers and supervisors about the steps in the performance counseling and progressive discipline system.
- Counsels and acts as a business partner with managers, supervisors, and employees on employment issues.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proficient computer knowledge, including Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing to individuals at all levels within the company
- Familiarity or ability to learn SAP, or similar integrated manufacturing system
- Ability to influence upward, laterally, and downward without any direct line authority
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Ability to determine the root cause to issues that arise, using skills of investigation, organizing thoughts and conclusions, and presenting these solutions to others
- Ability to deal with and understand different cultures
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- This position will be exposed to both an office and production operations environment. Industrial setting includes both wet and dry production areas with loud noise and varying degress of temperature from freezer to extreme heat
- Long periods of sedentary movement is required
- Bending, squatting and climbing of steps may be needed occasionally
- Specific vision may be required for this position, including close vision, distance vision, color and depth perception, and the ability to read computer screens for extended time periods
- Bachelors degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organizational Development or similar program
- 3-5 years of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources positions
- Strong leadership with demonstrated skills and ability to coach and develop others
- Strong knowledge of state and federal employment law and practices
- Familiar with best practices in Human Resources programs and processes
- Familiar with industrial operations
- High level of confidentiality
- Excellent organizational skills
- Specialized training in employment law, organizational development, employee relations, and preventative labor relations
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification
- Knowledge and ability to manage continuous improvement processes such as Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, etc.
- This position requires high HR experience in a manufacturing environment, food, or dairy preferred.
Leprino Foods Company is an equal opportunity employer who supports a drug-free workplace. EEO/AA
| || Minimal (Less than 5%) |