Job 1 of 1
|Engineered Products & Solutions|
|This opening is in our Kawneer North America business which is headquartered in Norcross, GA, and is the leading manufacturer of architectural aluminum products and systems for the commercial construction industry. Kawneer is part of Alcoaâ€™s global Building and Construction Systems (BCS) business unit. Alcoa BCS manufactures and markets architectural systems and products in North America, Europe, Asia and the Middle East. Alcoa is the worldâ€™s leading producer and manager of primary aluminum, and alumina facilities, and is active in all major aspects of the industry. For more information on Kawneer or its products, please visit www.kawneer.com. |
The Plant Manager position is located at Lethbridge, Alberta - Canada and will be responsible for establishing business plans, defining strategies for market growth through product innovation, organizing appropriate resources and motivating people to achieve results. Accountable for the leadership, management and P&L, the Plant Manager will be also responsible for complete oversight of location functions which include engineering, safety, manufacturing, purchasing, human resources, finance, EHS and quality as well as dotted line responsibility for the customer operations including order pursuit and order execution functions.
Major activities/ key accountabilities
- Develops manufacturing operating plans in accordance with company policies, goals and objectives.
- Develops strategic business plan for Western Canada in line with vision and deploy strategies to action. Contribute to achieving KNA vision.
- Links established processes and leadership execution in the areas of Environmental Health and Safety in keeping with the companyâ€™s proud legacy of attention to safety, the environment and the communities in which it exists.
- Be the preferred supplier to our partnering customer base, maintaining market leadership,
- Develops a rapid growth plan designed to reposition KNA in the region.
- Leads the development and execution of a manufacturing strategy to deliver financial objectives by establishing production goals and leading the team to achieve these goals.
- Delivers operational excellence and ensures operating plans achieve targeted cost and efficiency results that maximize value for the business unit.
- Optimizes capital expenditures to sustain operations, drive EHS value, and deliver growth products.
- Develops and executes flexible production systems based on Lean Manufacturing, TPM and Process Control techniques across all manufacturing operations.
- Develops quality strategies that drive process stability, quality assurance and process standardization with associated controls and feedback.
- Ensures adequate people development plans and capable succession plans are in place.
- Capable of driving productivity and growth strategies.
- Strong operations competence: Ability and tenacity to drive manufacturing improvements that directly connect to the P&L. He/she will have hands-on experience with TPM and lean manufacturing systems. The candidate will be experienced implementing significant manufacturing improvements specifically in support of broader growth initiatives. This includes the ability to create a highly flexible manufacturing operation.
- Ability to drive profitability: Achieve planned business results. Control asset base. Contribute to all aspects of strategic planning in line with Alcoa BCS vision.
- Results driven: demonstrated ability to deliver consistently outstanding operating, commercial and financial results. He/she will have introduced substantive improvements to processes, operations, or practices throughout a large portion of his/her business and will be relentless in driving positive change. The candidate also will have created new approaches to counter various manufacturing problems that had significant impact on his/her business and will have implemented worldâ€“class and leading-edge performance standards.
- Strong people leadership: This leader will have a strong track record as a people manager in the areas of team leadership and building organizational capabilities. The successful candidate will have built high performance and achievement oriented teams that have delivered success. He/she will have spent significant time with employees soliciting ideas, suggestions and help in order to arrive at a better solution while reinforcing the value of the team. The individual will have demonstrated the ability to empower people and groups to take risks while measuring their performance and holding them accountable for results. He/she will have routinely provided specific behavioral feedback and created development plans to improve the talent base and succession plans for people on the team.
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 10 years combined leadership/managagement experience in the commercial, engineering, or industrial environment with at least 5 in manufacturing leadership roles
- 5 years executing manufacturing strategies and optimizing operations to achieve cost reductions and productivity gains
|In addition to the basic qualifications|
- Advanced Degree
- Experience with Aluminum Extrusions
- Experience with lean manufacturing
- Union experience