AOL Networks is the global partner of choice for leading publishers, advertisers and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their online brands. We have strategically combined the strengths of premium brands including Advertising.com, Ad.com Sponsored Listings (ASL), ADTECH, The AOL ON Network, Adap.tv, and Pictela. Simply put, we offer publishers a one-stop shop for global advertising solutions to help increase yield through a rich and broad set of platforms, formats, and technologies.
We are building a new team in Dulles, VA for our Audience Targeting Data Management Platform (DMP). This platform is the backbone of data-driven marketing and serves as a unifying platform to collect, organize, and activate your first and third party audience data from any source, including online, offline, or mobile. This is a great opportunity for Engineers who want to develop systems from idea to fruition that will reach billions of users worldwide using only the latest and greatest technologies.
As a Senior Software QA Engineer, you will be responsible for test plan, bug reporting, performance testing and automation.
- Participates in design and code reviews as appropriate
- Identifies and documents bugs within assigned projects
- Collaborates with other team members in day-to-day tasks
- Owns tasks in test plan development and automation testing
- Analyzes and troubleshoots issues with software and environment
- Installs code into QA environment and maintains environment integrity
- Works directly with development and system administrators in troubleshooting problems
- Works with other teams on integration and end-to-end testing
- Supports production code installs as appropriate
- Meets and adapts to changing deadlines
- Completes nearly all tasks independently and as part of a team to prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Conveys fundamental aspects of job through strong verbal and written communications
- Solves complicated problems requiring some independent thinking
- Understands team’s strategy and objectives
- Possesses working knowledge of Linux/UNIX and Shell Scripting.
- Solid experience and understanding of application servers and Web Services (HTML, XML, WSDL, SOAP, REST etc.)
- Experience with scrpting languages ruby/python/shell or Java for back-end automation
- Experience with MySQL
- Manual testing experience with Web applications and application servers
- Experience with Apache/Tomcat applications
- Experience with various browser tools (HTTPWatch, HTTPFox, Firebug etc...)
- Solid experience with automation tools (Selenium, JMeter etc.)
- Experience in working on multiple projects in parallel
- Solid experience with Agile methodology
- Solid experience with Issue tracking systems
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communications skills (written and verbal)
Education / Experience:
- Bachelors degree in a Technical Discipline (CS, EE, Math, Physics, etc.)
- 5-8 years of experience in web/software testing environment