AOL is a leading global web services company with an extensive suite of brands and offerings and a substantial worldwide audience. Our business spans online content, products and services that we offer to consumers, content publishers and advertisers. We are focused on attracting and engaging consumers and providing valuable online advertising services on both our owned and operated properties and third-party websites.
Our philosophy and values revolve around people. Our employees are our most important asset and we believe that investing in our employees leads to great outcomes for consumers and business customers. AOL is fortunate to be able to talent source employees from across the globe and we will continually be growing and recruiting the world’s best talent. Envision a rewarding future where you contribute to breakthrough experiences for a global community. Bring your creative and design dreams, your ideas, and your whole self to work – it all begins here and now.
We are looking for a Principal Product Manager who will find innovative ways to improve the AOL Desktop product experience. The ideal candidate is a proven visionary with a passion for building world-class products. We are looking for someone who is resourceful, analytical, self-motivating, and has great attention to detail. Applicants should have a solid understanding of web and desktop native application environments. This position is located in Dulles, VA.
- Work collaboratively with Technology, Membership, Brand, Advertising and Localization teams to understand and capture business needs
- Take competitive landscape, market analysis, user feedback, site metrics and best practices into consideration when defining the product road map
- Define product requirements, prioritize and manage features that will help AOL win market share
- Establish go-to-market strategy including product positioning, key benefits and the target customer
- Maintain a constant focus on growth and engagement and use and/or define appropriate metrics to do so
- BA/BS degree with 5+ years related experience, ideally in consumer facing applications
- Significant business relationship building skills and comfort working in a matrixed environment
- Must have strong business judgment, understanding of current application trends and technologies, knowledge of product management best practices, and a keen focus on user engagement and monetization
- Maniacal focus on the user experience
- Ability to juggle multiple projects effectively with a record of delivering high quality products on time
- Practical self-starter; motivated to learn and improve
- Ability and willingness to roll up the sleeves and get things done
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other classification prescribed by applicable law.