It’s a matter of taste. At McCain Foods we believe that given the option, consumers will always choose product that tastes better, looks fresher and provides quality and uncompromising value. We are a world leader in preparing very good quality food products that are available around the globe. Our secret for success is really no secret at all: start with great quality product, add a committed and dedicated team, and always remember that there is no substitute for quality. We don’t compromise when it comes to our people either; we can’t afford to. We invest in and expect the very best. We provide supportive leadership and a competitive compensation package. If you have a taste for the very best and can dish it up too, we’ve got a place for you at our table.
This position will support the Sales Team to profitably grow the business with Customers and Distributors. The primary responsibility is to bring financial leadership to create joint value creation with our customers through best-in class analysis and controls. It includes identifying pricing opportunities, trade fund optimization and cash improvement initiatives to maximize profitability In addition, this role will contribute to improve our internal systems and processes to maintain high controls and improve decision making supporting tools. This is a talent development role, a stepping stone to group finance manager and to grow to more senior level of the organization.
Scope of the position:
The scope of this position includes driving decisions for net sales improvement at various levels of the business through pricing and trade spends analysis. This includes interacting with sales team, customer development managers and category team to improve sales and price/mix.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating competitive advantage for McCain out of mastery of trade Canadian practices and development innovative promotional offer and trade terms design. Develop thorough understanding of Customer margins and financial structure.
- Finance counterpart for Customers’ senior Finance organization. Engage into external relation with Customer along with sales teams to build joint cash and value creation.
- Contribute to improve sales forecast and timely proposing actions to mitigate trade related risks and maximize opportunities.
- Improve controls in the area of trade fund management. Enable Sales teams to effectively manage their budgets and maximize performance behind spending.
- Work on other assigned priorities and contribute to organization development for the Canadian finance organization.
· University Degree in Business or Finance
· Minimum of 2 years of financial experience, trade analysis is a plus
· CMA or CGA Designation, completed or in process
· Strong computer skills, especially Excel
Nice to Have:
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience, Canadian trade and trade fund management, preferably in consumer product goods organization
· Prior SAP experience