McCain Foods (Canada) is seeking a North American Customs Compliance Manager to develop and unify our company Customs Compliance program. You will act as the trade compliance expert and advise on US and Canada-based trade compliance issues. As a leader, you are developing and implementing trade compliance policies and procedures and manage the HTS Classification system.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Lead compliance of McCain North America with all international countries and resolve issues that arise related to import and export.
· Execution and Maintenance of Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT) program for McCain Foods Ltd.
· Coordinate system development on Canada/United States Customs requirements and make recommendations for changes that enhance the efficiency of operations and increase the compliance with the regulations
· Classifies products in accordance to Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), Binding Rulings, Explanatory Notes, and other established regulatory information.
· Solid knowledge of Canadian and USA Free Trade Agreements (FTA) for frozen potato products and documentation requirements to achieve reduced tariffs.
· Develop and audit export documentation procedures for core North American produced products to compliance with importation and FTA requirements.
· Interface with personnel in new production introductions/development, and suppliers to determine and/or validate classifications, valuations, country of origin and marking requirements.
· Provide customs expertise to various levels of the corporation.
· Coordinate with customs broker, forwarders, and warehouses to ensure timely Customs/FDA/CFIA releases.
· Research, prepare and submit business cases for advance ruling from Canadian Service Border Agency (CBSA)
· Invoice processing for McCain Foods Canada customs clearance.
· Entry Compliance Audits, McCain Foods Canada, Fertilizer, and Produce
· Prepare export/import documentation for non-standard international shipments;
o Machine parts
· North America Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) Certificate of Origin – maintain the data base for McCain Foods Canada
· Renewing company Standard Carrier Alpha Code
· Broker communication, rate negotiation, service monitoring.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
· Bachelor's degree - Required
· Knowledge / experience with Customs systems, rulings,
· Demonstrated ability to solve problems, to analyze data, and to recall and apply information
· Possess knowledge of supply chain activities, including transformation of natural resources, raw materials, and components into a finished product that is delivered to the end customer.
· Extensive knowledge of international trade law regulations, supply chain management, and global trade compliance
· Strong multitasking skills
· Comfortable working toward multiple deadlines at the same time.
· Solid understanding of Valuation, Tariff Treatments, etc;
· Exceptional organizational, analytical and communication skill;
· Must be able to work independently and in a team environment;
· Required Length & Type of Experience: (Indicate if Preferred not Required)
· 2 years- hand on management background in a corporate Customs compliance environment -Experience building an import/export compliance program
· 5 years experience working directly with import and export
Certification, Licenses, Registration:
Licensed Customs Broker or Certified Customs Specialist - Preferred