Day & Ross Freight Operations in Woodstock Ontario is currently seeking a Full Time Dispatcher.
Nature and Scope of Position
The scope of this position is to be responsible for dispatching units to pickup and deliver freight, and for monitoring the performance of drivers.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Arrange for deliveries for the day, assign pick up requests and enter orders in to the computer.
2. Set up appointment freight, manifest shipments, coordinate ETA’s with Central Dispatch, check for expedited shipments and enter any missed pick ups.
3. Answer phones and take pick up requests.
4. Do a dock and yard check, ensure freight is not missed and trucks are on delivery.
5. Coordinate drivers to go back for second run of deliveries, manifest skeleton bill and make linehaul orders.
6. Coordinate local P&D requirements.
7. Track lumpers hours and review requirements with Dispatcher.
Desirable Education / Experience / Competencies
A Dispatcher should have a minimum of a high school education. Knowledge of the local area as it pertains to making on-time deliveries is preferred along with previous dispatch experience.
· Transportation background in dispatch, dock supervision
· Equipment knowledge is an asset
· Safety training interest, knowledge and skills is an asset
· Computer literate in Excel and Word,
· Must have a strong sense of urgency
· Must be able to work under a flexible work schedule
· Must be a hands on operator, trainer, coach and mentor
· Must be able to build and maintain relationships
· Must be a self starter
· Must be customer focused individual
· Must be willing to travel if required
Must be able to resolve operational challenges and implement proactive solutions to gain and maintain the operational efficiencies. Incumbent must be able to monitor performance to meet objectives, which are in line with the strategic business goals of the company.
This position will be accountable to the Terminal Manager and will receive general guidance as needed. In addition to this you will be required to interact with other operational professionals within other divisions to leverage optimal solutions.
Dispatcher must have the ability to interact with team members and proactively communicate in areas of performance.
As a federally regulated employer, Day & Ross Freight fully supports the principles of employment equity and encourages all qualified members of the designated groups to apply.