|Development Coordinator 2|
|Development Program Coordinator, Parent Gifts|
|Clerical & Technical|
|Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)|
|Provides advanced analysis and support for the Deputy Director of Principal Gifts and parent gift officers in all aspects of prospect management, including drafting written materials, performing research projects, maintaining detailed prospect database records, and planning and staffing special events for a fund raising program serving Yale's most generous alumni and friends.|
| Click here for more information |
|1. Coordinates with other departments at Yale to develop or enhance proposals and briefings summarizing Yale activities, and to plan events.|
2. Develops and maintains a log of Yale academic and programming activities having development potential for prospects and donors
3. Coordinates and staffs event. Helps secure hosts and locations for events. Works with Special Events team to secure campus locations. Produces invitation and confirmation cards. Compiles and maintains invitation lists, extend invitations, confirms attendance, ensures attendance accuracy, prepares biography for guest speakers, prepares Event Flow documents, staffs selected events, and contacts vendors.
4. Conducts research on individuals, corporations, foundations, governments and institutions using office files, databases and internet search engines and resources, including sources in other languages when relevant for international development.
5. Drafts a wide variety of written materials including detailed biographical and business briefings, correspondence, proposals, indentures and stewardship reports.
6. Designs, develops and produces ad hoc reports and analyses by report generation and manipulation of information systems, including our primary Alumni database.
7. Researches and investigates gift commitments using office files and databases. Ensures the accuracy of gift acknowledgments and all information relayed to prospects.
8. Builds strong relationships with staff and serve as a key contact on questions relating to various departmental needs.
9. Interacts with donors at the request of director and/or gift officers in response to inquiries.
10. Assists with the assignment of tasks to student workers.
11. May perform other duties as assigned.
|Eight years of related experience, six of them in the same job family at the next lower level and a high school level education; or six years of related experience and an Associate's Degree; or two years of related work experience and a Bachelor's Degree; or an equivalent combination of experience and education.|
|Exceptional communication skills, with special emphasis on advanced writing ability. Ability to communicate effectively with top-level donors and senior Yale administrators. Writing sample required at time of interview.|
|Demonstrated organizational and research abilities, with strong attention to detail, including analyzing large volumes of information from disparate sources and synthesizing it in cogent and concise written form.|
|Ability to prioritize work, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a time-constrained environment. Ability to initiate and complete tasks with minimal supervision.|
|Professionalism, maturity and an ability to work with confidential information.|
|Ability to understand and work with financial information and standard office software including Word, Excel and related programs.|
|Bachelorâ€™s degree and two years of administrative or professional writing experience. Experience in a university setting working with sensitive and confidential information; familiarity with Yale University.|
|All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.|
|The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.|