| CLOSED TO FURTHER APPLICATIONS|
|Director, Office of Institutional Research|
|Managerial & Professional|
|Standard (M-F equal number of hours per day)|
|Develops and executes strategies for the collection, analysis and reporting of information in support of the academic mission and administration of the University.|
|1. Develops and implements a strategic plan and vision. Leads and coordinates the development, collection and reporting of key metrics on behalf of the Office of the Provost. Partners with Finance and Business Operations and other University offices to design, maintain and apply complex financial, business and analytical models.|
2. Establishes policies, procedures and best practices for the collection and use of institutional academic data. Leads and conducts analysis and interpretation of data.
3. Directs analytic support for policies and planning. Consults and advises senior administrative leaders on data requests, analysis and reporting
4. Participates in the design of academic data and information systems. Directs the governmental and organizational reporting requirements and process. Provides expert knowledge and guidance on the use of institutional data.
5. Manages the communication, publication and web dissemination of institutional research.
6. Establishes and implements short and long term goals for the office consistent with University goals and objectives.
7. Directs a staff. Manages the work assignment and distribution and effectively communicates the goals and vision for the office.
|Advanced degree, PhD, MA or MBA and six to eight years of related experience in the use of data or business analysis.|
|Proven experience working with senior leadership. Ability to respond quickly and accurately to information requests.|
|Ability to provide data driven data support. Ability to develop and present reports, presentations and other types of data in a clear concise manner.|
|Knowledge of trends in the use of technology and innovation in institutional research.|
|Ability to work in a fast paced high volume environment with multiple demands.|
|Well-developed collaborative interpersonal and communication skills.|
|All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.|
|The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.|