About the Opportunity
ManTech Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group has exciting opportunities for Python Programmers!
Are you a passionate software engineer who is seeking a rewarding career that pushes the envelope of cutting edge technologies?
Do you want to work with a well respected company that actively recruits the most gifted and innovative professionals in the Intelligence Community?
The Computer Forensics and Intrusion Analysis (CFIA) Division of ManTech MCIS is looking for a highly motivated and qualified Python Programmer in the Northern VA/DC, metro area. This is a rewarding and highly challenging position with direct support and significant impact to operations of national security. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a challenging and exciting work environment with a flexible work schedule. You’ll be working on mission critical projects that directly work to safeguard our country.
ManTech is dedicated to hiring the best of the best, and in order to do so we offer great pay and excellent benefits.
Major Job Functions:
Translate product vision into software design
Implement customer requirements and propose solutions for software modifications and enhancements
Write clean, maintainable code following best practices (unit testing, source control, continuous integration, automation, design patterns, documentation, etc.)
Debug code and troubleshoot problems
Collaborate with cross-team developers, testers, and system engineers to ensure quality product deliverables Follow Agile Scrum methodology
Take self initiative to remain knowledgeable of evolving trends in offensive and defensive cyber tools, tactics, and procedures
Follow Agile Scrum Methodology
Work within a team environment
Perform as a team lead on projects when suitable
Individuals must be a U.S. Citizen and be eligible to obtain a US Security Clearance. This position requires a SECRET security clearance. Applicants with the appropriate skills, but without a security clearance, are still encouraged to apply. If you’re the right fit for the job, we’ll make it happen. Applicants will be subject to a government security background investigation.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the following disciplines: Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Software Engineering or a related field preferred
- A passion for low-level software development
- At least five years hands-on programming/knowledge experience with Python
- Experience with Python web application framework development
- Experience with SQL Database interfaces (Postgres a plus)
- Previous professional development experience in Windows and Linux environments
- Knowledge of operating system fundamentals, including interrupts, threading, virtual memory, device drivers, boot procedures, and memory management techniques is a plus.
- Knowledge of file systems, tcp/ip networking, and protocol stacks
- Experienced with code and resource optimization
- Familiarity with automation techniques including: test-driven development (TDD); continuous integration/build systems continuous build systems such as Hudson/Jenkins; regression and customer acceptance testing
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies such as VMware Workstation and vSphere ESXi
- Experience with C/C++ is a plus
- Experience with Windows API is a plus
- Experience with Unified Modeling Language (UML) design is a plus
- Familiarity working with and supporting US based geographically separated teams